Advanced Off-Season Development Program
Woodbridge Little League’s newly minted Minor Division Baseball House League Program (Players Aged 8-10) has developed an off-season complement to provide an outlet for registered Woodbridge Little League baseball players to develop and improve their skills and experience, in advance of playing Minor Division (i.e. player-pitched) baseball.
- Once per week; 90 minutes each session
- Maximum 4 to 1 player coach ratio.
- Only 12 registrants per session
- Program will be based on advancing each player’s proficiency in the following skills:
- Hitting (power; bat speed; ball recognition)
- Fielding (movement; throwing strength and accuracy; fielding technique)
- Speed (base running and fielding speed)
- Pitching (Mechanics, Velocity, and Command)
- Catching (Receiving; Blocking; Throwing; Catching Technique)
Though Woodbridge Little League encourages participation in our House League Program to all Minor aged players of all skill levels, this program is not an introductory one to the game of baseball.
This program targets players with previous competitive baseball/softball playing experience, who’s goal is to continue to play competitive baseball for the foreseeable future*
This program is ONLY open to players with the following:
- Must register (or be registered) for the 2019 WLL Minor League Baseball Season
- Must have previous house league baseball or softball playing experience (2-3 years suggested).
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of Select, Rep, or All-Star Team playing experience.
- Must have a high proficiency in throwing, catching, and fielding a regulation size baseball at above average speeds**
- Must be very comfortable batting against a ball pitched at above average speeds**
- Must have advanced understanding of the standard rules of baseball.
Player participants are required to provide their own Baseball Glove, Bat, Batting helmet (with cage) and Running/Turf shoes. Parents are encouraged to bring their own baseball gloves to participate with their child during warm-ups and drills.
*Participating in this program does not guarantee selection into WLL’s 2019 Minor Division All-Star Tournament Team
**Above average speeds for this division/age group are in the range of 30-50 mph (50-80 km/h)
***Players must register in the WLL Minor House League Program when registering for this program. Additional payment is required.